My weight loss journey

After three pregnancies, too many calories and not enough exercise, I was overweight and very unhappy with my body. So I made the decision to change my lifestyle and commit to health and fitness. I started cutting my calories, eating a healthy, balanced diet and progressed my exercise program. I went from a size 16 to a size 2 and dropped my weight from 200lbs to 130lbs. I am now in better shape than I have ever been in my life and at age 34 my body has never been this fit.

BEFORE

BEFORE
me at 200 lbs!

AFTER

AFTER
Me 1 year later at 130lbs

This Sunday is my marathon day!!!

Posted Posted by Marathon Mama in Comments 3 comments

Wow! I cant believe it is already here! So much training to reflect on and progress made. My journey has been a blast. One I definitely will want to take again. I have increased my endurance, speed, metal capacity, physical and mental strength and so much learned. I have prepared the best I know how but it still feels like it has crept up on me. I am very nervous but hopeful that I can pull this off. Most of the worries are about digestive problems, cramps and foot pain. I am going to do all the necessary precautions but there are just some things that are out of your control. I have been reading a lot about the week before preparation, like what to eat, how to taper your miles, getting the best rest (which is hard for me with a restless toddler waking up all night). Anyhow, for something so simple as running, it can surely get complicated when you are running 26.2 miles.

Despite all the worries, I really feel as ready as can be for never having done this before. I guess I will be a better judge of my readiness after it is over but right now it feels good. My body feels strong, limber and ready to run. Lets hope for the best!

Again if you have donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation supporting cancer survivors thank you so very much! If you wish to donate please follow the link below and help me reach my marathon fund-raising goal. I am just over 50% to the goal of $1000.00 so I need all the donations I can get before Sunday.
http://www.livestrong.org/grassroots2009/amyfrancis

Wish me luck and thanks for all the support. I will let you know how it turns out.

Also if you wish to be a spectator at the marathon, all the information to do so is on this website:
http://san-antonio.competitor.com/event-info/spectators/



Happy Running!
Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so proud of you Amy! its gonna be such a huge accomplishment once you cross that finish line! I will be there at one of the mile markers.. not sure which one yet, maybe at mile 15 :0) again, good luck Amy!!
~nadia~

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday!
c&j

Marathon Mama said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment