My weight loss journey

After three pregnancies, too many calories and not enough exercise, I was overweight and very unhappy with my body. So I made the decision to change my lifestyle and commit to health and fitness. I started cutting my calories, eating a healthy, balanced diet and progressed my exercise program. I went from a size 16 to a size 2 and dropped my weight from 200lbs to 130lbs. I am now in better shape than I have ever been in my life and at age 34 my body has never been this fit.

BEFORE

BEFORE
me at 200 lbs!

AFTER

AFTER
Me 1 year later at 130lbs

Feeling good!

Posted Posted by Marathon Mama in Comments 1 comments

Well after my super long run a week and a half ago, I am fully recovered and ready to do it again. I have had some awesome runs this past week. The kids and I had some great runs during the week at various parks. Then I ran all by myself, meaning no kids in the stroller, on Saturday and I got caught in a downpour. It was really cool and beautiful. I like running in the rain, its so peaceful. Although I did invest in a rain poncho this week so that I don't have to get completely soaked next time. I don't know if it was the rain or what but I felt so great and at 9 miles I did not want to stop but I was home, at the end of my route and stopped anyway. It was so much fun. Sometimes runs can fell like work but then you get a day like last Saturday where it was more satisfying than just about anything.

I have started to add in some more weight training to my cross training days. I bought a really cool weight bench and got some good workouts from one of my fitness mags. I use to hate wieght training but now I am starting to like it, not sure why.

This Saturday I plan to run 20 miles. The training program has you run 20 miles 2 times before the marathon which is 26.2 miles. This will be my first 20 miler. I am kinda nervous about it just stressing over the details. After my second 20 miler I will begin to ramp my miles down until the big race day on November 15th. So about 3 more weeks of super hard training then I will slow down a bit.

Wish me luck on my long run this weekend and happy running to you!

Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great that you are enjoying the journey! (hmm... inspiration for a song?)

Go Amy!

c&j

Post a Comment