My weight loss journey

After three pregnancies, too many calories and not enough exercise, I was overweight and very unhappy with my body. So I made the decision to change my lifestyle and commit to health and fitness. I started cutting my calories, eating a healthy, balanced diet and progressed my exercise program. I went from a size 16 to a size 2 and dropped my weight from 200lbs to 130lbs. I am now in better shape than I have ever been in my life and at age 34 my body has never been this fit.

BEFORE

BEFORE
me at 200 lbs!

AFTER

AFTER
Me 1 year later at 130lbs

Southwest Spicy Mama Spaghetti with Kale Salad

Posted Posted by Marathon Mama in Comments 0 comments



Southwest Spicy Mama Spaghetti

1 box fideo pasta
1 can tomato sauce 8oz.
1 can diced tomatoes Mexican style 14.5 oz
1 can dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed) 14.5 oz
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 onion diced
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp cumin
pinch of salt
pepper to taste
water added as needed

Start by heating the oil in a frying pan, then brown the fideo pasta and the onion.Add all the spices. Add the beans, corn, and both cans of tomatoes. Let simmer covered for about 30 minutes, give or take 5-10 minutes on medium to low. Stir frequently and add water as needed to prevent burning and to keep moist.
1 serving=1 cup
makes about 5-6 servings (enough to feed your family, freeze for later or store leftovers for another meal)

Kale Salad

as much Kale as you need (separated from the stalk)
5-6 cherub tomatoes sliced
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs either balsamic vinegar or sesame ginger dressing
Toss together and enjoy
1 serving=1 and 1/2 cups

Serve with a side of sliced avocado (just 2 or 3 thin slices) and a few tortilla chips (only 1 serving approx 5-7 chips).

This meal with spaghetti, salad, avocado and chips is approx 745 calories.
Its full of fiber and protein from beans and kale plus tons of nutrients to keep you healthy and full.
This recipe can also be modified to fit your taste for example, change the kind of beans or add mushrooms, green pepper or any of your favorite veges!

REMEMBER: Nutrient dense at a low caloric cost is our goal!!!
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment