My weight loss journey

After three pregnancies, too many calories and not enough exercise, I was overweight and very unhappy with my body. So I made the decision to change my lifestyle and commit to health and fitness. I started cutting my calories, eating a healthy, balanced diet and progressed my exercise program. I went from a size 16 to a size 2 and dropped my weight from 200lbs to 130lbs. I am now in better shape than I have ever been in my life and at age 34 my body has never been this fit.

BEFORE

BEFORE
me at 200 lbs!

AFTER

AFTER
Me 1 year later at 130lbs

Week # 7

Posted Posted by Marathon Mama in Comments 3 comments

I have survived another week of marathon training. This is week number seven since I started seriously following a 6 day a week program. After my very long run on Sunday, I took Monday as a day of rest, then Tuesday and Wednesday I took early morning low intensity 7 milers each day and it was heaven. The morning weather has not been too bad if you go out between sunrise and 8 am, its actually very pleasant. Thursday was a cross training day so I did an hour of weight training. Today I did speed work which is very hard and I do not enjoy. I ran just over 7 miles and thoughtout my run I did 8 one minute sprints. It doesnt sound that hard but it is and it kills me! I much prefer to set into a comfortable pace and stay there for along time. Speeding up and slowing down is exhausting. But I survived and I do have to admit that since I started doing speed work once a week it has improved where my comfortable pace is on regular runs. I am getting more comfortable running faster, longer. I started at about a 9.8 to 10 minute pace on regular hour or so long runs and now I am running on average a 9 minute pace. I really like to see improvements and positive changes.

I am still battling the blister on my lower back from the camel bak. I got some body glide this week and it has helped a bit. I also found my favorite pre-run meal. I eat power bar energy bars. The oatmeal or peanut butter ones are the best. They are not protein bars, but energy bars full of carbs and some protein and other stuff you need to give you lots of energy. Plus it does not go straight through you and it does not come up when you are running. It settles nicely in your stomach. I am very happy to have figured that out this week. Now I need to get to Costco and buy a ton of them for run days.

This week was also "my kids have decided to kill me week" Whats new right? There must be something in the air that has made them all coo-coo! I think its the ridiculously hot weather which has prohibited us from outside activities after 9 am unless its the pool, for the past 4 months. So we all have 4 wall fever and we are ready for school to begin....it has been a LONG HOT summer!

So this weekend I have 2 gigs and will be very busy and tired due to the schedule flip flop. I plan on riding my bike Saturday for cross training and taking an easy run on Sunday. Monday is my long run day this week but the plan backed off a little bit and is only 7 miles. Anyway, I will take advantage of the rest time to get ready for 12 miles next week and 14 the week after.

Thanks for reading my blog and happy running!

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Amy!

Have you been writing running music?
c&j

Unknown said...

You are LA BOMBA! RUN AMY RUN

Amy said...

no but I have been working on my originals ;)

Post a Comment