My weight loss journey

After three pregnancies, too many calories and not enough exercise, I was overweight and very unhappy with my body. So I made the decision to change my lifestyle and commit to health and fitness. I started cutting my calories, eating a healthy, balanced diet and progressed my exercise program. I went from a size 16 to a size 2 and dropped my weight from 200lbs to 130lbs. I am now in better shape than I have ever been in my life and at age 34 my body has never been this fit.

BEFORE

BEFORE
me at 200 lbs!

AFTER

AFTER
Me 1 year later at 130lbs

Week # 9

Posted Posted by Marathon Mama in Comments 0 comments

Sorry I have not posted in 2 weeks or so because I have been super busy with my children, gigs and training. Zach started high school this week and it has been interesting to see him start a new chapter in his life. He is growing up so fast, it is incredible how it just seems like yesterday he was in the first grade. I have been really busy helping him get ready and busing him around to all his golf practices. Ethan is also starting preschool 2 days a week, so that will give me some alone time with Carter and it will be good for Ethan too.

Running has been good. I had a lot of fun with it this week. I have been mixing things up a bit and taking runs in some different parks around town. The kids have really enjoyed the new scenery, seeing some deer and going to new playgrounds. I have enjoyed more challenging hills than usual plus I huffed and puffed a bit more this past 10 days. Last Saturday I ran 13 miles again. I was only gonna run 12 but I was feeling great and decided to go a bit farther. It was a great run, I was really enjoying myself. I planned my route different this time and made sure to run past many options for restroom stops, which I totally needed! I am finally getting the hang of the really long runs. The heat wasn't too bad because I left really early in the morning. My other runs have been good with the kids and cross training has been just ok. Lifting weights and kickboxing are not my favorite but I grudgingly do it anyway.

So that is pretty much it, I don't have any funny stories to share this week. This weekend I plan to run 14 miles on my long run so wish me luck!

Thanks for reading and happy running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment